Oh, gawd. Another movie awards show? Ain't we done with the tired old titles of 2012? MTV's just announced its nominees for the 2013 MTV Movie Awards, an all-style-and-no-substance annual event that, HOLD UP, may actually be worth watching this year (airdate is April 14).
Complete list of nominees on MTV's site here, with categories like Movie of the Year (spoiler alert: Amour is not on the list); Best Shirtless Performance (why are there people on this list who weren't in Magic Mike?); crowd favorites Best Kiss and Best Fight; and my personal favorite, Best WTF Moment — because aren't those the moments we really remember when the lights go up? My pick for pure, over-the-top violence and lavish WTF-ness, full of dialogue I don't dare repeat here: "Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson, Candieland Gets Smoked, in Django Unchained."
Most Commented On
- A high income, if invested prudently, translates into a high - May 22, 2013
- "Wealth creation comes from the velocity of money"? - May 22, 2013
- PGE will always own the grid though - May 22, 2013
- Anyone can argue that every human life is equal but - May 22, 2013
- Again with the discredited Laugher theory - May 22, 2013
- Again, you make the same mistake as others in assuming that - May 22, 2013
- Natural Cycles are based upon... - May 22, 2013
- 60% of PG&E energy is already sustainable. - May 22, 2013
- What strikes me about the techie Nuevo Riche... - May 22, 2013
- No, that's homeless - May 22, 2013